We are looking to recruit for transport co-ordinator a.s.a.p. Hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm. Salary £25k-£30k depending on experience. Looking after 12 lorries and routing in the South East of England. We operate 12ton flatbed & curtain sider, 26ton flatbed, curtain sider, Moffatt & Hi-Ab and artic’s
Working with the Operations and Depot Manager the Transport Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the transport for the Langley site. You will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service by giving clear direction to the transport team, liaising with the Internal and External Sales team. You will act professionally at all times and in accordance with the company’s core values. Leading by example you will be responsible for ensuring all activities are managed within the health and safety requirement and that the transport performance meets the business targets. You will be expected to implement and develop transport processes to ensure that transport runs efficiently and effectively with a view to continuous improvement.
Key Responsibilities of the Transport Coordinator:
- Promote and ensure compliance with company policies & procedures
- Effective and efficient organisation of the daily routing, ensuring best utilisation of the vehicles, cost effective planning of delivery routes and excellent customer service
- To deal with customer/sales queries regarding delivery times and issues using the tracking system
- To liaise with the drivers regarding any transport issues
- Assist drivers in ensuring their loads are safely loaded
- Produce the delivery notes
- Ensure drivers carry out daily vehicle checks, report and organise any issues that arise
- Ensuring our transport fleet operates legally with all MOT’s, smoke emission tests and servicing undertaken as and when required
- To ensure drivers meet all working time directive requirements and download the digi cards on a weekly basis
- To monitor driver infringements, parking fines and driver penalties and discuss actions with drivers
- Follow company procedures in relation to reporting incidents and accidents
- To organise drivers and vehicles when required using agencies and outside hauliers
- Ensure agency drivers have all legal documents available before carrying out any work
- Organising goods Inwards deliveries.
- Ensure all fuel required by our transport or forklifts is available at all times.
- Ensure that all waste is removed legally and all skips are replaced when full.
- Design, implement and develop initiatives and systems to ensure best practice
- Implement and develop initiatives to effectively reduce costings and maintain them
- Identify training requirements, arrange, implement and review. Ensure records are maintained.
- To manage recruitment of staff for the Transport team
Health and Safety
- Ensure drivers comply with all relevant Health and safety standards and regulations and company policy as notified from time to time.
- Ensure that the drivers are aware of procedures and relevant H&S data.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure that all aspects of H&S are adhered to action accident and near miss reporting.
- Support the maintenance of H&S standards on site in conjunction with the Operations Manager, Depot Manager, HR and external H&S consultants.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent administration and organisation skills.
- Ability to maintain clear and concise records, filing and effective monitoring systems
- Flexible and resilient with an ability to cope in a busy and challenging environment.
- Self motivated and focused individual with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft Excel.
- An aptitude for working with numbers and to a high degree of accuracy.
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Committed to excellent customer service
- Experience in the transportation field, with a competent working knowledge of London and UK geography an advantage
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.