SQL Server Database Administrator
About The Role
The SQL Server Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of corporate applications. This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical skills as well excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will work in the Applications Team, who are responsible for maintaining and enhancing bespoke business systems, but will also support and manage SQL Server databases used within the wider IT department. You must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
• Manage SQL Server databases through product lifecycle environments, from development to production systems
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes with an aim to ensure high levels of performance, availability and security
• Independently analyze, solve and correct issues in real time
• Manage upgrades from installation, through testing and into production
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment out of working hours
• Apply data modelling techniques and assist the application architects in designing new features and project work
• Assist the development team with query tuning and sharing of technical expertise
• Degree in relevant subject or relative industry experience
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Administration
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Experience with SQL Clustering, High Availability and Disaster Recovery
• Experience working with Windows server and Active Directory
• Ability to organize and plan work independently in a rapidly changing environment
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.