The role is based in Harrow and is to start on Tuesday next week
please email me if you are interested and I will get back to you if your cv is suitable
we do need to see your cv reflects the above that you are or have been a PA and that you have a caring nature but are very efficient for a very busy role and that this role is for about 6 weeks as we are also looking for someone perm for this role
Main duties and responsibilities
- Act as PA to the Director of Pastoral Care
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Director.
- Proactively manage incoming correspondence, emails and telephone calls for the Director by identifying priority items and taking action where possible.
- Using MS Office skills, assist the Director with the preparation of correspondence, briefing papers, policies, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Proactively manage the Director's diary to provide accurate and reliable schedules, ensuring that all appointments are managed, and conflicts resolved.
- Act as the first point of contact for telephone calls, visitors and staff who wish to speak with the Director
- Coordinate and provide support at a wide range of meetings and committees related to the pastoral life of the School, This will include scheduling, arranging catering or providing refreshments, preparing and circulating documents, minute-taking and any follow-up action, including the formal writing up of minutes.
- Ensure that all relevant policies and documents on the intranet and School website are updated.
- Support with the coordination and administration of safeguarding activities and all policies/procedures/training relating to it.
- Arrange and prepare relevant documentation for new teachers’ pastoral inductions.
- Maintain effective filing of both paper and electronic materials.
- SMT support
- Provide, as required, confidential secretarial service to members of the SMT.
- Assist the School Clerk with administrative tasks.
- Support the Secretary to the Deputy Head Master with the organisation and administration of parents’ meetings.
- Cover for other secretarial staff in the SMT office, be mutually supportive and cover duties during colleagues’ absences and at times of additional pressure.
- Welcome and look after visitors, always promoting a positive image of the School.
- Assist all visitors to the SMT offices in a helpful and diplomatic manner.
- Liaise closely with other members of the SMT secretariat and maintain regular contact with the Head Master’s secretarial team to ensure a coordinated approach is adopted.
- Ensure relevant information is uploaded onto the School website and intranet.
- Deal with confidential issues as directed.
- Treat all conversations and meetings with SMT members with discretion and confidentiality.
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.