Legal tasks as required including:
• Drafting documents including deputy applications, Trustee Act applications, deputy reports, lasting powers of attorney, witness statements
• Recording chargeable and investment time
• Preparing correspondence and documents on matters
• Liaising with clients and others by email, telephone and in person
• Assisting the Court of Protection fee earners
• Checking lengthy documentation and proofreading as required
• Completing legal form
• Paying bills on behalf of clients.
2. Administrative tasks to include:
• File opening in accordance with IBB procedures to include data input, completion of internal forms and procedures, preparation of anti-money laundering documentation, setting up the paper file and file labels, preparing the initial letters for fee earner review
• File closing in accordance with IBB procedures to include data input, checking ledger balances, filleting files, returning client documents, completion of internal forms
• Preparation of bills in accordance with IBB procedures, to include collating disbursement receipts, liaising with accounts and preparing all documentation to be sent to the client in accordance with defined procedures
• Filing time sheets, incoming correspondence, outgoing copies, invoices, reports and paper files in/out of the filing system. Assisting with file checking and organising in preparation for semi-annual quality audits.
• Checking deeds in and out of the deeds storage facility. Collecting deeds from the floor and returning them to storage.
• Printing, scanning, copying documents. Generally liaising with the document management centre on document production/collation tasks.
• Ad hoc data input as and when required (CRM and PMS)
• Maintaining Court of Protection calendar
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.