Position: Inside Sales Representative
This is a generic job description with core expectations applicable to all inside sales. Additional duties may be added which are specific to position.
Part 1 – What is the job?
Summary of role
Grow sales profitably with existing accounts and actively develop new accounts in line with location and company objectives.
Full accountability for the profitability, product mix, account penetration and growth of own customer portfolio – desk /’business’.
Proactively attain customer and market knowledge to ensure commercial expertise is up to date and utilised consistently and effectively to gain a competitive edge.
Ensure professional standards (building and maintaining excellent relationships (customers and colleagues), going the extra mile etc.) reflecting the clients culture are continually met / exceeded in all key areas.
Demonstrate core sales behaviours on a daily basis.
Commitment to attaining objective –
‘one stop shop for all relevant solutions, services and products’
• Account penetration
Grow and maintain new and existing relationships with sellers and resellers by consistently providing a proactive added value service – offering solutions / products / service / support as appropriate.
• Build effective working relationships with all key players within the customer organisation – estimators, project managers, sales etc within the customer organisation.
• Maximise profit potential with each customer.
- margin increase, cross sell, increase relevant product mix, minimise profit leaks, potential / actual projects etc.
• Develop, implement and achieve growth strategy for target customers.
Includes analysis of existing sales, desired sales, plan and implement action plan, follow up and meet set targets. Work with O/S on primary and development accounts as applicable.
Sales Administration and systems
• Effectively use all systems (SAM, Mainframe, IAP, WIRE etc) and
processes (e.g. NSP), relevant internal support to provide an efficient and timely sales service to all customers.
Includes correct pricing / sales/returns/credits/etc
• Timely and accurate quotes/ follow ups /responses to customers and leads to o/s
Meet activity / results target consistently.
• Proactively utilise all resources (vendor, web, catalogues, internal,
colleagues etc) to build own knowledge and demonstrate effectiveness of development by offering relevant solution to customer and achieve growth targets.
• Build effective working relationship with key people – credit control, purchasing, marketing etc.
Special conditions (e.g. frequent travel, early starts, late finishes)
Basic hours are 35 per week - this is a sales / customer-led position you need to be flexible and be prepared to work outside your core hours in order to meet customer service level expectations.
Tools and equipment used
Mainframe and P.C. systems – knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel would be beneficial.
Part 2 - Who am I looking for?
• Educated to Advanced or College level.
Necessary skills, knowledge and experience
• Successful sales record
• Knowledge of the I.T. industry would be an advantage
• Results / achievement orientated – quality driven
• Strong character – motivated, honest , energetic, self starter, quick to learn
(reflects blue book /culture)
• Strong communication skills – proven ability to influence effectively
• Effectively uses sales cycle, strong negotiator
• Customer sales and service orientation
• Persistent, driven – demonstrates core sales behaviours consistently
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise effectively
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.