We are looking for an experienced, growth-minded Business Manager to lead and oversee the work of employees in our company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as helping set strategic goals for the future.
The ideal candidate should be great at training, managing and mentoring staff, as well as fully capable of making all aspects of the business run more efficiently.
Interpersonal skills and leadership capability are paramount as great teamwork is vital to our success.
Candidates are also expected to be able to think on their feet. The landscape of our industry changes daily, and we need someone who can adapt.
Salary & Benefits Competitive, depending on experience 28 days paid holiday including Statutory Bank Holidays Company auto-enrollment pension scheme Responsibilities & scope of role
• Ensure that the company has the adequate resources to complete its daily activities.
• Organise and coordinate employees to ensure work is completed to a high standard with maximum productivity.
• Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback on ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Assisting the Laboratory Manager with technical requirements.
• Assisting the Office Manager with maintaining solid business relationships with Clients and suppliers.
• Communication with Clients, providing quotations and scheduling of works.
• Organise training for staff as needed.
• Develop goals and objectives to promote business growth, and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals.
Experience Qualifications BSc/BA in Business management or equivalent.
MSc/MA will be advantageous.
Experience Proven experience in business management or equivalent role is essential, with a thorough proven understanding of business processes and strategy development.
Experience of working within materials testing and the Construction industry would be advantageous.
Experience of working within a UKAS accredited laboratory would be advantageous.
Skills Excellent organizational and leadership skills Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills Excellent knowledge of MS Office and databases.
Ability to multitask effectively Be organised and able to work to deadlines Ability to remain calm under pressure Other CSCS card would be advantageous FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme) training would be advantageous Reporting To Directors
Hours of work 8.00am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch, Monday to Friday (41.5 hours per week).
Training Full training in concrete & materials testing will be given.
Ongoing training and development will be available to further your career.
FORS training will be carried out prior to any site works.
Summary This position would provide an excellent opportunity for the right individual to develop a career within construction and to move forward and receive ongoing training in an important role in the construction industry
To be considered for this vacancy, please click here to email us your CV.